Anywho, The rules:
- Post these rules before you give your facts.
- List 8 random facts about yourself.
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them.
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they've been tagged.
- I find it hard to place a value of material objects. In my latest move, I threw away a supposed piece of the Berlin Wall - a present from an aunt - because really it is a chunk of concrete and there is probaby little chance of veryfying its authenticity. Also, when people ask what my most valued possession is, I don't have an answer. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy and appreciate all that I have, I just dont prioritise their value if they don't help me breathe...
- I hate writing long reports and hence my dissertation is suffering. I wrote a nine page letter recently that took 2 weeks to write. So yeah, basically I'm doomed as my supervisor (rightly so) told Wits to shove their their job, she don't work there no more. I have to have it all finalised figuratively yesterday... This is my fault too, as I am...
- ....a huge procrastinator and now its biting in my ass big time. Unfortunately I don't have time for self pity and am blitzkriging what needs to be done.
- I am somebody's surrogate husband, which sucks because I get called upon when her awol husband is absconding and I don't get to have the sex.
- My mother calls me almost daily and I rarely answer. I don't need lectures on how to live my life her way. (She's also a procrastinator, btw).
- I hate children.
- I have to wear braces on my teeth for the first time in my life at the age of 30. Thankfully orthodontics has evolved and they are on the inside of my teeth and nobody knows unless I tell them. However when my mouth is dry, I sound like Daffy Duck - the next year can't go fast enough (except when I am typing my dissertation - then time can halt).
- I ate KFC nine times last week as I was too lazy to cook and the drive-thru down the road is incredibly convienient. On the bright side, I doubt my stomach will tolerate it again for a very very long time.
5 comments:
thanks for playing...
i used to hate children. then it all changed. still, i often (actually, very often) meet children i don't like at all, and go home eternally thankful the sprogs aren't mine.
also recently realised how very not child-friendly my apartment is; friends from out of town (with two little ones ) stayed over while i was in europe, and upon returning i found that the whole apartment had been re-organised, to make it safe for the kids (and, i guess, for my stuff) - thus all books and papers dumped in the study (and there are a lot of those lying around), the handy andy in the bottom kitchen cupboard moved to the top one (now standing next to the pasta) and the arcadian version of violent knicknacks (like the old sickle a friend gave me, based on my obsession with the village) stowed away so deep i still haven't found everything yet.
(don't really know what just launched all that, but anyway-)
how long do you still have before the dissertation's due?
Dude, I read your blog all the time. I'm very pleased that you've not given up the ghost. And hurry up with that dissertation already. I procrastinated so much on mine, and in the end I felt like it could have been edited better, had there been more time. And braces are sexy when they make you look vulnerable. Just keep 'em clean.
KFC nine times a week, that is impressive. I also do take-out a lot - the lady at the Steers now puts my order in without asking when I walk through the door.
Arcadia - I know lots of girls that swore no children for them. Slowly one by one, each has conceded defeat to maternal instincts. All except one - but it may be a pride thing for her.
EOH - Yeah, you right, I must just suck it up. Regarding braces, one has no choice but to brush their teeth and floss and listerine even after a quick snack because dragon breath makes a quick appearance otherwise. It is weird to buy 6-packs of listerine from makro though.
GM - haha i know that. When I went through a nandos phase last year, I used to get free meals from the manager because I was such a good customer.
You might just have to remind some of us you are back again, to get us here. I love reading your blog, so I guess, just comment on mine every once in awhile to poke me into recollection... plus I'm a comment whore.
I think you have eaten my share of KFC for life. I don't think I actually have ever eaten there.
Post a Comment