Monday, December 15, 2008

Have PC, no job, will blog

I guess I haven't been blogging because i spend one and a half hours commuting everyday. Until tomorrow yay, when its my last day on the job thank goodness. I have visa issues and will need to change visa classes in the new year in SA and then return and join the job chase in a battered British economy - fun times await indeed. But for now, I'm looking forward to the break.

What have I done/learnt over the last year:
  • Read loads of books commuting to work until September when I switched to sudoku (I was using all my brain power before I got to work);
  • My boss is spiteful, lacking in humanity and slightly xenophobic - I will miss her, not;
  • I went to Scotland where the people in the cities are friendly and the people in the countryside aren't;
  • Met people from all over the world, some of who are firm friends now;
  • Discovered my thyroid is fine, but my testosterone levels tend to low;
  • Learnt who my real friends left in SA are;
  • Learnt my parents actually miss me;
  • Became really good friends with my sister;
  • Learnt to cook (like a bachelor on the run...);
  • Wished I had picked a career where I could use my hands rather than chasing intangibles that live inside a PC;
  • Fell in love with London, although I still hardly know her;
  • Packed on the weight;
  • Had random bump-into's with people I haven't seen since school or before that making me very nostalgic;
  • Didn't do any travelling which miffed me;
  • Discovered parsnips and sweet potatoes (never ate these in SA);
  • Considering vegetarianism very seriously now (I'll keep fish and eggs although);
  • Started to grow up, at last.
I know nobody reads this anymore, but I forgot (again) just how good it feels to put it out in the universe. Besides, if I said this to anyone I know IRL, I'd get 'sentimental sap' slapped across my face.

4 comments:

arcadia said...

welcome back! wondered whether you were ever going to return :-) i'm doing much better than when we last spoke, and am on holiday, which is great. looking forward to more posts!

It is the question said...

Welcome back indeed!

Enjoy your trip home.

noodle said...

What a wonderful year!

sarah said...

trig trig trig!

here`s a virtual `entimental!` SLAP

:)

just kidding. good times, good times