Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flatmates

Ouch, only 9 blog posts last year. I guess this will be infrequent then...

Today I need to vent to the empty universe about flatmates. More specifically one of mine (I have two). I remember reading a few years back about a famous blog where the blogger basically kept an online diary about the antics of her flatmate. I thought what tosh at the time, but now it seems genius. Because, sure one can let rip at their flatmate every twenty minutes they do something annoying, but unfortunately you can't escape them until the end of the lease.

I'm not a neat-freak by any measure, but certain things I find gross:
  • Who washes their plates before scraping the food off...
  • and then lets said food clog the kitchen sink
  • and does nothing about it?
  • Who eats half a meal and puts it back in the fridge...
  • on a plate...
  • without plastic wrapping or in a Tupperware container...
  • when such plates contain any smelly canned food ranging from baked beans to tinned corn - do u have any idea how bad that crap smells in such a short period?
Then lets talk about all the stuff he breaks because of lack of attention - cupboard doors, glasses etc. Ok lets not :p Or the time he left the stove on and almost burnt the flat down...
Or the time he left the back door ajar and went out...

I am going crazy here. He is a nice guy overall, but I want to punch his face in. Oh well, this blog will suffice...

3 comments:

sarah said...

flatmates

i went to boarding school, and so i guess i had the best and worst of the lot all at once

didnt make me very tolerant though!

good luck trig. by the way - HELLO! its been bloody ages. what are you doing in london??

It is the question said...

Good grief. No wonder it rained. You blogged!

Welcome back.

henno said...

That's pretty funny, sounds just like mine. Does he walk around in his tighty whiteys, too?