1. Got a job, yay. My agent was going through the benefits and I blurted out "I accept" when she mentioned the 28 days leave plus public holidays (bank holidays in UK-speak). Company is French, so I might wanna learn to say more than "parlez vous anglais?"
2. I wanted to start on Monday but they told me 17th March, so now I can go travelling. I wanted to go to Italy but I think I should leave it for warmer times, (even though London is blue skies, global warming doesn't gaurantee anything anywhere anymore) so its off to Scotland for me!
3. I was almost mugged on Friday night. 2 dudes in balaklavas started following me on my walk home (it was about 1am), so I crossed the road only to be followed. So I crossed back where they tried to corner me. I took a chance and made a run for it, and as they hadn't made any ground on me by the time I reached the main road, they gave up the chase. I think it was funny to be able to get away so easy but the truth is I would never pull a stunt like that in SA - I guess thats the difference between guns & knifes.
3. Otherwise I have been shopping a lot as I consistently feel underdressed to those financial type folks in the city, looking for a place to live, reading lots, visiting friends and meeting so many new people. And of course sitting in parks, trying to deal with a lots of thoughts I should just consign to past worlds and move on - if only it were that simple. Any tips on how to sever unwanted baggage?
3 comments:
Apparently fly with it on British Airways or Air France. Word has it that they excel at severing you from your baggage! :P
I like the day you start - such a good day when such wonderful people were born & now drink guinness in annual celebration! (Oh, and it's my birthday on the 17th).
HAPPY TRAVELLING!
hey, you're back! happy happy :-)
You'll sever unwanted baggage when you realize you don't need it anymore. Congrats on the job, dude.
Post a Comment