Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm not dead, just floating...

1. Actually I'm not floating either as that would that would be too time consuming as well. It just happens that that Pink song was on my ipod earlier and is stuck in my head. Things here are hectic and a lack of a PC has made regular posting kinda difficult. But my new home PC arrives 3 April and regular transmission will recommence then :P

2. I am back from Scotland now and whacked week one of my job and finally moved in my flat and am starting to get to know my roommates - one dutchman, an irishman and me (a south african) - sounds like a start to a joke - walk into bar etc. So far so good...

3. Its cold, but I discovered I can do cold thanks to my KWAY longjohns, lol. I will need to buy more methinks...

4. When I left SA, I decided I was going to be a good ambassador for this country. Its hard work, especially when the biggest detractors I am defending SA to are generally South African. The ugly ex-South African is even uglier outside SA, I'm afraid to report. They see everything SA-related through negative-tinted glasses - When Northern Rock went bust (and the bank of england nationalised it to save it - a major botch up of note), they seem non-plussed - but these are the same people that cried out SA was in a financial meltdown a few years ago when Saambou went into curatorship (which the SA Reserve bank handled much better). The double standard in response is sickening to say the least. Rant over...

5. I always was one who remembered people's faces and names. I have met so many people over these last few weeks that I am embarrassed to say I have forgotten a lot of names, faces and introductory backstories that accompany them. Its either the volume or my age that has made me shoddy - either way, I dont like it - I always prided myself on remembering everything people tell me no matter how irrelevant to my life they are.

6. I think I will go to Portugal next! and come April 3rd I will be all over your blogs :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How do you manage such a frenetic pace?! All this border-hopping and new people AND a new job to handle! I think I need some of what you're taking to get me through the rest of my semester!

Catch ya on the flipside! (Whatever that means.)