1. London is way to hectic for someone just coming out of a sleepy sabbatical of sorts. The job is going well. I have a good boss, which makes a difference, but getting life done after work is taking its toll on me. At least things stay open until 8/9pm generally here for all the time-deprived people like me to get things done.
2. I miss talking arb shit to people. Actually there are 6 people in the world I can do this with. 4 of them live in SA, 1 in London, 1 in LA. I thought there was a 7th, but he is bored of my weirdness lol. I miss those 4 in SA dearly - thank goodness for that one in London, my pocket lesbian - she lives the other side of town from me, but we work 2 kilometres away.
3. My roommates and I are hosting a dinner party tomorrow evening - due to my limited cooking skills, I get tasked with making salad, lol. I can deal hehe. But I've never really hosted dinner parties or any shit like that in SA - I used to treat friends by eating out. More new things to experience :P
4. More SA/UK double standards from ugly ex-Saffas:
Him: More power cuts in SA I hear. That country is useless
Me: I can't believe that fuckup at Terminal 5 at Heathrow.
I find the most effective way of dealing with anti-SA sentiment is to shove some UK disaster in their face - and there is plenty to go around...
5. I miss my car and driving and will need to buy one here I think. VW have a Polo here that is more green than a Toyota Prius - The Polo blue-motion. That appeals.
6. Sleep. Now.
2 comments:
I love dinner parties. Hope your salad was good and the conversation was fun.
What's a pocket lesbian?
Bloody hell!
Something was wrong with my feed from your blog. Good to find you're still alive!
IITQ
Post a Comment