Its warped, so warp speed yeehaw. Get your profound stuff elsewhere - only puerile, self-indulgent, whiny crap here. Cathartic too sometimes...
Monday, April 14, 2008
On Charm & Charisma
Yeah I have none, I can deal. But occasionally I meet someone that pulls me into their orbit really strongly (I'm talking in a non-sexual way btw) invariably because of their charm, aura, whatever. Generally these people are way cooler than me, more careless with their treatment of people (because they can? can they?) They indulge me for a while before growing bored and moving on. I see the trend, and sometimes I can avoid being sucked in by that gravitational pull. But when I cant back away in time, my misguided belief that people are essentially decent ebbs slightly lower yet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Some people never learn this and endanger themselves again and again. But the charismatic ones only function if they have an audience. If you consciously decide not to be that audience, their hold diminishes instantly. And that's when you realize that we're all the same, really.
the people i know who are charismatic mostly don't realize other people experience them like that. i also think they secretly find it harder than other people when people don't like them. jis, what bad grammar. i blame it on my trauma :-)
Post a Comment