Saturday, November 10, 2007

I did it again

1. Sorry I'm a bad blogger. I said I would blog and I lied. Truth is I am kind of busy, but not that busy as everyday I go to gym and come home and collapse into a deep slumber for a few hours until one of my roommate's daughter wakes me up so that I may have an opportunity to buy her make-believe waterproof muffins from her invisible bakery before she closes up shop for the evening. I get a good 7 hours in the evening too...

2. I'm going to London - not sure for how long - it really depends on what type of job I get, if i get one that is. If UBS can lay off 3000 people in a blink of an eye in London alone, and Citibank can follow suit, things are looking a bit grim methinks. I will travel - hopefully included in a job spec - I have seen such jobs exist - even if they pay less than sweeping dead rats off the tracks of the underground. And yes, I will endeavour to blog about my London adventures - at least I will have content for a change :P

3. Ex: I'm moving out of home - do u wanna move in with me?
Me thinking: there's a reason we broke up, we may be friends, but still...
Me aloud: I'm leaving the country. (Quickly changing subject) Hey, why we eating at a steak house?
Ex: I'm not vegetarian anymore - I don't get sick nearly as much anymore and now I have so much more energy
Me thinking: go figure...

4. Kate Nash is so bad, she is brilliant. It makes no sense, but I think I love her.

5. I'm an uncle. w00t!

6. I now know I own more than 45 underpants and pairs of socks as I have been too lazy to do laundry for 6 weeks and I am yet to run out of fresh underwear and socks. I knew I owned too many shirts already. (shorts and pants I rotate). Unfortunately this will only last another week unless I buy new underwear and socks so that I may delay laundry for even longer. Decent underwear is not very cheap though, unlike socks.

7. I refuse to blog about the dissertation, hence all other arbitrary point notes.

8. I need to get TB scans for when I go to the UK. I realised I have never had x-rays done in my life and now too have I realised that I have a phobia of x-ray machines.

9. I will read everyones' blogs tomorrow and post - sorry I have been sloppy - its my life theme apparently.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am overjoyed to see that you are alive and well. And blogging - things must be looking up! Have fun in the UK; I'm sure it'll be better whatever it is you do. X-ray machines... just keep really still. It goes kerklunk and nothings appears to happen. Don't worry about it. Congrats on #5.

arcadia said...

moving in with your ex would be a really interesting experiment. now, really. :-)

do you ever throw out old underwear? how is it possible to have that much?

Triggermap said...

EOH - thanks, i will try to be more regular from now on

Arcadia - its not really an experiment if the outcome is known apriori, is it? (in this case, murder and expensive therapy...)

I do throw out old underwear, its just when i travel, i stock on new underwear because one never knows where the next laundromat is and if it will break the budget (as it does in 1st world countries...). So it accululates...